It is managed by Jugal Tiwari, an ornithologist having 30 years of experience working on Birds and Ecology, mostly in Kutch and also in other parts of India, NE Africa, Arizona and Mexico.
We feel proud to say that we hosted and did birding with world famous Ornithologist, Top Birders, Authors, Scientists and Ecologist from all over the world.
The focal point for birder guests staying at CEDO Homestay are the diverse variety of birds and habitats found in Kutch and guests having interest in the other fauna, flora, landscapes, art, history, culture are welcomed and assisted with the same warmth.
We suggest a 4 day – 4 nights stay at our place to visit most of the important sites.
We provide Vegetarian Home cooked food (out sourced), served hot and fresh.
We can help individuals and groups up to 12 members to explore Gujarat and Rajasthan. We can help by providing a dedicated Naturalist and making all arrangements.
Facilities at CEDO Homestay
- Self contained A.C. rooms with running hot-water and complimentary WiFi.
- Common Dining Area, Vegetarian Lunch and Dinner is cooked by Local Kutchi family and served hot and fresh in the dining area.
- Green and relaxing environment with around 180 trees in the premises.
Eco-friendliness of CEDO Homestay
- Completely powered by Solar electricity.
- Water heated by Solar-water heaters.
- Around 180 big and small trees in and around the homestay.
- Rain water harvesting tanks to collect the limited rainfall.
- Varieties of birds are seen and also nest in the premises in the trees and terracotta nests.
- Native Flora nursery.
Our Naturalist are experienced in
- Gujarat and Rajasthan Birding and Mammals Tour for-Lion, Tiger, Leopard, Lesser cats, Indian and Desert Fox, Bats ,smaller rodents, Green Munia, White-naped Tit, Spotted-creeper, Indian Bustard, Laggar Falcon, Desert Lark, Yellow-eyed Pigeon, and other endemic birds and rarities.
- The areas that can be explored with our provided naturalist depending on tour duration in Rajasthan are ; Chambal, Tal chappar, Desert National Park, Keoladeo National Park, Khichan, Siana, Bera, Mount Abu and, Ranthambhore.
- In Gujarat – Kutch district ( at our CEDO homestay), Little Rann of Kutch, Velavadar National Park, Jamnagar for coastal Waders, Gir National Park, and Nal Sarovar bird sanctuary.
- Gujarat Birding and Mammals Watching tour.
How to reach us
- We are located in Moti Virani Village, 53 km away from Bhuj and 3 km away from Nakhtrana town.
- We arrange Bhuj to Bhuj pick-up and drop.
- We can also help to arrange transport from Ahmedabad.
- We can be located on Google Maps if you are self driving and want to reach us.
- Bhuj has an airport and is connected by flight to Mumbai by three flights a day of which two are in the morning and one is in the evening.
- Many trains ply from Mumbai, Vadodara, Ahemdabad to Bhuj. Bhuj is connected by train to Delhi by the Bareilly-Bhuj train (Ala Hazrat express), many buses connect Bhuj to all parts of Gujarat.
Cedobirding – Suggested Tour Packages
Passage Migration Watch : 15th August till 10th October
- The time is good to see the birds which migrate from Europe to Africa for the winters and pass through Kutch District at this time.
- It is also a good time to see the natural landscapes of Kutch because most of it is lush green.
- The weather is quite humid, so light cotton clothing is advised, along with a good hat.
Winter Season : 10th November till 28th February
- This is the main season to see the winter migrants that arrive from the Palearctic region to Kutch. Guests can also visit artisans, museums based upon interest.
- The weather is very cold in the mornings and evenings with cold winds, temperatures can reach close to 10 degrees Celsius in the peak winter season, while the afternoons are pleasant. Warm clothing and warm head cover/ear muffs are recommended.
Summer Season : 1st March till 30th April
- The time is good for Mammals, resident birds, Landscape, textile, history and culture.
- The weather is pleasant in the morning and evening with afternoons getting quite warm.
- To explore Dholavira Harappan civilization site and the Salt encrusted Great Rann of Kutch one needs to have 2 days extra.
Birding and Nature Safaris - Closed Jeep Safaris
- 6:30 AM to 12:30 PM Morning Safaris with packed Breakfast and Hot Tea/Coffee served in the field.
- 3:30 PM to 8:00 PM Afternoon safari with hot evening Tea/Coffee and biscuits served in the field at sunset time.
- Each safari by a dedicated Jeep with available experienced Naturalist and complementary mineral water – Rs. 4000/-
- Pick up from Bhuj Rs. 2000/-
- Drop to Bhuj Rs. 2000/-